Asbestos Survey Cumbria
Are you looking for an asbestos survey in Cumbria? Avanti is currently providing domestic and commercial surveys. To book, call 0333 0124903
There are two kinds of Asbestos Surveys which Avanti offers to domestic and commercial clients across Cumbria:
An asbestos management survey is carried out by asbestos experts and is primarily visual. Its aim is to locate asbestos containing materials (ACMs) that may have been used in the construction of the building. If it was built between 1930-1999 there’s a very good chance that asbestos will be present. In most cases ACMs are not hazardous as asbestos becomes dangerous only when damaged or disturbed.
If any potentially hazardous asbestos is discovered, samples will be sent to a UKAS accredited laboratory for analysis and subsequent reporting.
Asbestos Testing in Cumbria for Licensed Works
If an R&D asbestos survey in Cumbria finds any ACMs, professional asbestos removals must be carried out. This is accompanied by professional testing to ensure that the site is clean and fit for use, post removal, and that the air is non-hazardous. Avanti works with a number of UKAS accredited independent consultancies. All air monitoring complies with the ISO17025 standard.
Four-stage clearance is the process of air monitoring following on from licensed asbestos removal in Cumbria. This is in accordance with HSE guidance note HSG 248.
We provide air monitoring and asbestos surveys for businesses, commercial properties, and homes across Cumbria.
- Background Air Monitoring – Used to assess whether airborne asbestos fibre levels are below the recommended limit, prior to routine remedial works.
- Leak (enclosure check) Monitoring – Air samples inside and outside the asbestos removal work enclosure test the security of the seals which stop fibres from escaping.
- Personal Compliance Monitoring – An air monitoring test to ensure that the level of respiratory protective equipment (RPE) is appropriate for the prevailing conditions.
- Clearance air monitoring – Carried out to determine whether the air in an asbestos removal work site complies with the recommended limits.
- Reassurance Monitoring – Testing conducted, for example, to reassure employees that a site is safe to return to after asbestos removals are completed.
We cover these areas in and around Cumbria:
Carlisle, Keswick, Lake District, Orton, Whitehaven, Millom, Ulverston, Barrow-in-Furness, Kendal, Kirkby Londsdale, Kirkby Stephen, Ravenstonedale