Asbestos Survey Manchester
Avanti is currently providing asbestos surveys in Manchester and across the Greater Manchester region. To book a domestic, or commercial survey call 0333 3355974
Avanti offers two kinds of Asbestos Surveys to domestic and commercial clients in Manchester:
This is a non-intrusive survey that seeks to locate the presence and extent of ACMs (Asbestos Containing Materials) that may have been used in the construction of the building. Most ACMs are not dangerous, except when they are damaged, or could be disturbed by day-to-day activities. If any potentially hazardous asbestos is discovered, it will be sent to a UKAS accredited laboratory for analysis and reporting.
Asbestos Testing in Manchester for Licensed Works
When asbestos removal is carried out, the premises have to be professionally tested to ensure that they are clean and fit for use, or that the air on the demolition site is non-hazardous. Avanti has long-standing professional relationships with a number of UKAS accredited independent consultancies. They ensure all air monitoring complies with the ISO17025 standard.
Four-stage clearance describes the process of air monitoring that follows on from the licensed asbestos removal in Manchester. This is in accordance with HSE guidance note HSG 248.
We provide air monitoring and asbestos surveys for Manchester businesses, commercial properties, and homes.
- Background Air Monitoring – Used to confirm that airborne asbestos fibre levels are below the recommended limit, prior to work commencing on routine remedial works.
- Leak (enclosure check) Monitoring – During asbestos removal works, air samples are tested for airborne asbestos fibres outside the sealed works enclosure to assess its integrity.
- Personal Compliance Monitoring – An air monitoring test to ensure that the control measures inside the enclosure are appropriate for the level of respiratory protective equipment (RPE), being worn during asbestos removal.
- Clearance air monitoring – Carried out to determine whether the air in an asbestos removal work site complies with the recommended limits.
- Reassurance Monitoring – Testing conducted, for example, when a site enclosure is removed after remedial asbestos works.