COMMERCIAL ASBESTOS REMOVAL
The duty to manage commercial asbestos removal is directed at those who manage non-domestic premises. The duty holder is responsible for protecting those who work in or use non-domestic premises from the risks to ill health that exposure to asbestos can cause. The consequences in not doing so can be quite severe.
- When the building being worked on was built before the year 2000
- When work is being carried out on an unfamiliar site
- When asbestos-containing materials were not identified before the job was started
- When asbestos-containing materials were identified but this information was not passed on by the people in charge to the people doing the work
- When A risk assessment has not been carried out
- When nobody knows how to recognise and work safely with asbestos
- When appropriate information, instruction and training has not been carried out
- When you know how to work safely with asbestos, but you choose to put yourself at risk by not following proper precautions, perhaps to save time or because no one else is following proper procedures
- Asbestos still kills around 5000 workers each year, this is more than the number of people killed on the road.
- Around 20 tradesman die each week as a result of past exposure
- Asbestos is not just a problem of the past. It can be present today in any building built or refurbished before the year 2000.
The team at Avanti can advise and manage on all types of asbestos and the efficient management of commercial asbestos removal, asbestos surveys and post removal to ensure premises are clean and ready for reoccupation or demolition.